Taikai Registration Deadline: April 6th, 2013 (Internal Dojo Deadline)
Hotel Registration Deadline: April 11th, 2013
What: Seminar, Taikai, & Shinsa
- Friday, May 3 - Southwest US Kendo and Iaido Federation (SWKIF) Kendo Seminar
- Saturday, May 4 - 14th Nabeshima Cup Taikai
- Saturday, May 4 - 8th Texas Open Kendo Taikai
- Sunday, May 5 - SWKIF Kendo Shinsa / Promotional Exam
- The Nabeshima Cup tournament started in 1992 as a goodwill tournament hosted by the DFWKIK for SWKIF members SanDan and below. In 2005 the tournament was restructured into two divisions, a Mudansha division (IkKyu and below) and a Yudansha division (ShoDan to SanDan), with the Nabeshima Cup awarded to the winner of the Mudansha division. In 2007 a new Youth division was added. 2013’s Nabeshima Cup taikai will be offering four divisions: Mudansha, Yudansha, Women, and Youth. The tournament is open to members of the Southwest Kendo and Iaido Federation (SWKIF), All United States Kendo Federation (AUSKF), and/or the International Kendo Federation (IKF) organizations.
- The Texas Open Kendo Taikai started in 1999 and, like the Nabeshima Cup, is now hosted every other year by the DFWKIK. The Texas Open taikai has been, and continues to be, open to practioners YonDan and above who are current or prospective members of the SWKIF, AUSKF, and/or IKF organizations.